Let the Adventure Begin!


My boyfriend Jesse and I are about to go on the adventure of our lives. It all started about one year ago when he sent me a link to a travel program and said, "this looks fun." It would take us to a new country every month for a year. For a while we dreamed about doing the program, thought about it, researched, spoke to travelers that went through it and after many months and being accepted into this program we decided why don't we just travel where we want to go. We can go where we want to go, we can see what we want to see, why don’t we do it our way. It was all such a dream. We started narrowing down locations that each of us wanted to go. For a long time I thought maybe it was just another idea, another day dream that we would just think about. We were going to have to quit our jobs, save a lot of money and leave our family and friends for a year. I am more of the realist and would wake up in the middle of the night in a panic knowing that we were counting down the months, weeks, days until we left the comfort of our home. Being only 26 I have had the opportunity to travel, but never something like this. I had been to Europe twice, but the majority of my travels were in the US, Canada or Mexico. I was/am nervous that I do not know how to get around, I do not know the language, but at the end of the day, I was 100% confident that Jesse and I could do anything. Jesse had traveled a lot with family or even by himself to Europe and studied abroad in Perth Australia. I knew that he had experienced a lot during his travels, which made me feel a bit more confident. We said the only way this will work is if we cherish it together and accept that some days will tough. We had been through our difficulties, but we are in an amazing place and we know that we will be partners through the long flights, lost luggage and homesickness we know we will have. Anyone about to leave their home with their securities would be nervous, but we think life is too short to look back and think why didn’t I experience more. With that being said our flight departs from Denver to Singapore October 31, 2017.



Comments

Popular Posts